2016 Premiers’ Reading Challenge

Hope everyone is pumped and ready to go for the Premiers’ Reading Challenge in 2016!
loginhere-imageRemember to visit the site and record all of the books you have read from the start of the year.  You can find out everything about the challenge and book lists to inspire you.

Still stuck for ideas about what  to read next?

Silver_longlisted_nobkgndWhy not try The 2016 Inky Award Longlist? There are 10 Australian books up for the Gold Inky Award and 10 international books competing for the Siliver Inky Award. The books were selected by teens and will be judged by teens.  Why not try them out and see what you think?

I read one of the internationals on the holidays and loved it:

therestofus

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness – All Mikey wants to do is graduate, have a last summer with friends and go to college but a lot of strange things are happening.  First he has to live through the  whatever is bombing and snatching young people and of course struggle with his own personal demons and his feelings for Henna.  There are fantasy elements and mature relationship themes so use your own discretion. If you enjoy John Green books, try this one.  Ness is an award winning author and on a winner here too!

My Rating:  ***** 5 stars – I want my friend to be the God of mountain lions too.  How cool!!!

Good luck on the Premiers’ Reading Challenge in 2016!