Privacy is a huge issue on the internet.
Good manners and respect are just as important.
In order to protect our privacy and in order to work safely and responsibly online it is critical that we follow these rules:
1. Use first names only. Never use last names or surnames on any of our blogs.
2. Post avatars only. Never post pictures or images of ourselves or of any other students as you could be breaching privacy laws.
3. Never post any private information such as date of birth or private home addresses on our blogs. This could put you or someone else in danger.
4. Write in full sentences. Don’t use texting or other shorter abbreviations. Remember your audience includes your peers but also teachers, parents, family and potentially other members of a global public so express yourself appropriately.
5. Be respectful at all times. Treat others the way you would like to be treated. Choose to be kind. Don’t forget when you are making comments that there is a human person behind the screen. You do not want to be found, unwittingly, breaking the law by bullying.
6. Don’t steal work. Always acknowledge and do not use other people’s work without permission.
7. Remember to support each other online. If you suspect cyberbullying talk to a trusted adult. Report bad behavior to a teacher. There is always a teacher or family member you can talk to about this.
Visit Blogging 101 to get more insider tips on how to blog!